The distinct benefits of MosaiQ™
MosaiQ was specifically designed to address the challenges of today’s resource-constrained transfusion diagnostics environment. Here are a few of the many benefits you can expect with MosaiQ.
Improved clinical decision-making:
By facilitating better matching of donor and patient blood, MosaiQ-screened blood products can potentially reduce the incidence of alloimmunization and other adverse reactions.
Consolidation of multiple analyzers:
The consolidation and standardization of immunohematology and disease screening analyzers translates to numerous advantages for your lab:
- Reduced need for training on multiple systems for lab staff.
- Reduced QA requirements and service calls.
- The prospect of fewer contracts and vendors to manage.
Streamlined inventory management:
- With a targeted microarray shelf life of 6 months, there is potential for more efficient inventory management and there's no less need for monthly batch acceptance of labile red cell reagents.
- RFID tracking of all reagents and microarray magazines allows for better and simplified tracking and management of consumables and reagents.
Advanced testing capabilities:
- MosaiQ provides true walk-away capability. When fully loaded, MosaiQ can test up to 1000 microarrays at a time. Just load the samples in the 120 tube sample bay and walk away.
- With MosaiQ, time to first result is delivered in under 35 minutes with subsequent sample results at approximately 24 second intervals including:
- extended phenotyping
- antibody detection
- exclusion of other clinically significant antibodies
- donor disease screening
- Multiple clones of key antibodies eliminate the need for repeat testing of new donors.
- MosaiQ needs less that 2 ml of whole blood to undertake both comprehensive blood grouping and serological disease screening.