The distinct benefits of MosaiQ™
MosaiQ was specifically designed to address the challenges of today’s resource-constrained transfusion diagnostics environment. Here are a few of the many benefits you can expect with MosaiQ.
Improved clinical decision-making:
By facilitating better matching of donor and patient blood, MosaiQ-screened blood products can potentially reduce the incidence of alloimmunization and other adverse reactions.
Consolidation of multiple analyzers:
The consolidation and standardization of immunohematology and disease screening analyzers translates to numerous advantages for your lab:
- Reduced need for training on multiple systems for lab staff.
- The prospect of fewer contracts and vendors to manage.
Streamlined inventory management:
- With a targeted microarray shelf life of 6 months, there is potential for more efficient inventory management and consequently less frequent batch acceptance of red cell reagents.
- RFID tracking of all reagents and microarray magazines allows for improved safety and simplified tracking/management of Microarrays and reagents.
Advanced testing capabilities:
- When fully loaded, MosaiQ can test up to 1000 microarrays.
- With MosaiQ, the first result is delivered in under 35 minutes with subsequent results every 24 seconds afterwards including:
- Blood grouping
- Extended phenotyping
- Antibody detection
- Exclusion of other clinically significant antibodies
- Donor disease screening
- MosaiQ needs less than 2 ml of whole blood to undertake both comprehensive blood grouping and serological disease screening.